Last modified: September 9, 2019
The Public Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns (the "Inquiry") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how the Inquiry may collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of website users ("you"), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website albertainquiry.ca (the "Website"), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information the Inquiry collects, uses, or discloses about Website users:
- On this Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Emails from you to the Inquiry.
Information We Collect About You
- Personal information, that the Inquiry can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, or other similar identifier, and any other identifier the Inquiry may use to contact you online or offline ("personal information").
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but the Inquiry may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. This information collected includes:
- Technical information, including your browser type and version, time zone setting, the date and time of your page request, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Website, and usage details.
How We Collect Information About You
The Inquiry may use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details and IP addresses.
Information You Provide To Us
The information the Inquiry collects directly from you on or through this Website may include:
- Information that you provide by providing submissions to the Inquiry.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You may also submit information to the Inquiry which the Inquiry may publish or display on public areas of this Website or transmit to other users of this Website or third parties.
How We Use Your Information
The Inquiry may use information that it collects about you or that you provide to it, including any personal information:
- To present this Website and its contents to you.
- To post on this Website.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, including without limitation for the purposes set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use governing this Website. In this regard, we remind you that the use of this Website, and all information submitted to this Website, is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use governing this Website, in particular as described in the “User Submissions: Grant of License” sections thereof.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Inquiry does its best to protect your personal information, it cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through electronic transmission. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying the purposes of the Inquiry’s mandate, and any regulatory, legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Contact Information and Challenging Compliance